Harmony Grove UMC

traces its roots back to a group of worshipers in the early 1880’s that met at a brush arbor.  The first church was built in 1887, a one room building. In 1939, major renovations began. The original church building was turned by horses in order to allow expansion. A new sanctuary was built by volunteer labor. An old pot -bellied stove was the only heat the church had until the 1940’s when a basement was dug by hand to allow the first furnace to be installed. The sanctuary was remodeled in the 1950’s to include a change in the altar and the installation of new pews, pulpit furniture, and stained glass windows. In 1965, additional features were added: bathrooms and partitioned classrooms.

A fellowship hall was built in 1975. The congregation took a tremendous leap of faith in 1994. They decided to destruct the old building and build a new sanctuary with education wings that would better serve the needs of the worshipers of Harmony Grove UMC.  Ground breaking was in 1996 and the consecration of the existing church was on December 14, 1997. It is a debt free building.